In this topic,
Hemp Seeds are incredibly healthful and a fantastic Protein Source. This is especially for individuals pursuing a plant-based lifestyle, whether they are used to making Hemp Hearts or Hemp Protein Powder!
- All the necessary Amino Acids are present in Hemp Seeds, making them a complete Protein.
- Hemp Protein is easier to digest than Soy Protein.
- The ratio of Omega-6 to Omega-3 is ideal. Omega-6 includes the highly desired fatty acid GLA (gamma-linolenic acid). GLA combats platelet stickiness and inflammation. Women can also use it to treat PMS.
- It is a nutritious whole-food plant-based component devoid of gluten and grains.
One of the most miraculous plants on our planet for human health is Hemp, a superfood. It’s so nutrient-dense that we insist on including it frequently in my already incredibly healthy plant-based diet. One excellent way to use it is in the recipe for the Hemp Protein Smoothie (below).
Nutritional Value (Per 1 Serve)
Saturated Fat- 1.1g
How To Make Hemp Protein Smoothie | Easy Home-Made RecipeCuisine: Fresh Green Hemp SmoothieDifficulty: Easy
Bananas- Use fresh or frozen bananas for creaminess and intestinal health benefits.
Oranges- are available for Vitamin C-rich oranges, such as fresh mandarins, cuties, or normal varieties. You might also use 1/2 to 3/4 cups of different fruits, like berries.
Spinach- Use baby spinach or fresh organic spinach, both high in vitamins.
Hemp Protein Powder- Hemp protein powder and hemp hearts can be substituted (powder form will have less Fat).
Purified Water- purified water; non-dairy milk may also be substituted.
Ice Cubes- The use of ice cubes is optional.
- In the blender cup, combine the peeled banana, mandarin, spinach, hemp protein powder or seeds, water, and ice cubes, and process until smooth.
- It makes one serve and is ready in a few minutes!
- Using a Frozen Banana?
- You can omit the ice cubes and, if necessary, add 1/4 to 1/2 cup more water if you’re using frozen bananas.
- Alternate the Greens.
- Try substituting baby kale for spinach. I’ve also used microgreens when I’ve run out of greens. Alternately, eliminate the greens and increase the protein or hearts from hemp seeds.
FAQs on Hemp Protein Smoothie
- Can Hemp Seeds be added to a Smoothie?
Yes, you can add Hemp Seeds to your smoothie along with everything else. They blend in so well that you won’t even notice them, but you will still get the healthy nutrients they contain.
- What proportion of Hemp Seeds should I put in my Smoothie?
For each 12-ounce Smoothie, add 2 tablespoons of hulled Hemp Seeds or 1/4 cup of Hemp Protein Powder for the best nutrients.